0 of 100 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 100 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You answered 0 out of 0 questions correctly (0).
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Explanation and Answers for Questions 101-140
Explanation and Answers for Questions 141-152
Explanation and Answers for Questions 153-200
101. Ms. Whitfield _____ to another branch, so your new financial planner will be Mr. Leggett.CorrectIncorrect
102. The eatery on Wharf Way offers a great selection of gourmet dishes _____ various parts of the world.CorrectIncorrect
103. _____ interested in viewing a unit should contact the property owner to schedule an appointment.CorrectIncorrect
104. A growing _____ in the food industry is the use of organic and fair-trade ingredients.CorrectIncorrect
105. Due to its _____ tunes and buoyant beats, Maurice Henry’s music has broad appeal.CorrectIncorrect
106. The Rosewood Nature Reserve asks visitors to behave _____ and show respect for wildlife.CorrectIncorrect
107. It is not the firm’s policy to grant sick leave _____ overtime pay to employees not working full-time.CorrectIncorrect
108. The _____ of the board members will be held on Thursday.CorrectIncorrect
109. Last quarter, the number of new high school textbooks _____ by British publishers dropped for the third quarter in a row.CorrectIncorrect
110. Traffic congestion is _____ than usual because of railway construction, so it will take us at least half an hour longer to get to the conference.CorrectIncorrect
111. Investors who no longer believe in the profitability of a company _____ sell off their stocks and invest elsewhere.CorrectIncorrect
112. Goldwares announced on Wednesday that an American entertainment group is expected to _____ its online movie store.CorrectIncorrect
113. The government of Templefair is developing a marketing _____ to help them increase tourism to the town.CorrectIncorrect
114. Negotiators should remember that the President has a very _____ manner of expressing his views.CorrectIncorrect
115. Pierre Bouchard has been chosen to replace Fabrice Benjamin, _____ is retiring as chief executive officer of Maxihealth Corp.CorrectIncorrect
116. In order to reduce harmful insects and plants, garden maintenance businesses must select the right products and use them _____ .CorrectIncorrect
117. Glass Pen Publishers has not produced a best-seller _____ Richard Lane’s book The Savior was published ten years ago.CorrectIncorrect
118. The Director will use her _____ in determining how the restructuring of the company will be performed.CorrectIncorrect
119. For almost a century, Hammer Homes Inc. has helped clients _____ their dreams into wonderfully executed realities.CorrectIncorrect
120. _____ by the audience’s approval of their music, Harold Rossi and his band played well past one in the morning.CorrectIncorrect
121. _____ you are buying or selling a property, be sure to use a real estate agent whose understanding of the local market is thorough.CorrectIncorrect
122. The application process for loans from Emblem Bank is easier than _____ , eliminating most of the usual paperwork.CorrectIncorrect
123. Although income from online advertising has been growing, it is still a _____ small part of the overall magazine revenue.CorrectIncorrect
124. Firms that pay more attention to customers than shareholders often achieve _____ growth and high rates of long-term financial gain.CorrectIncorrect
125. The _____ from most of our readers was positive, though many wondered why we wanted to alter a layout that was already so attractive.CorrectIncorrect
126. The houses on the road are quite close to _____ ; nevertheless, the fences that separate each property help to ensure privacy.CorrectIncorrect
127. The young fashion designer wanted to create dress styles _____ unique among those of her contemporaries.CorrectIncorrect
128. The Deepmotion R23 underwater camera is recommended _____ depths of up to 150 feet.CorrectIncorrect
129. Yearly reports from all departments of the organization must be submitted to the manager’s office _____ by 6 P.M. tomorrow.CorrectIncorrect
130. Many environmental researchers suggest that countries reduce their _____ on non-renewable energy sources.CorrectIncorrect
131. _____ the company’s notable accomplishments this past year was the establishment of a new research and development center in Beijing.CorrectIncorrect
132. The reintroduction of the ferry service to Victory Isle was initially seen as a _____ notion by many, but it turned out to be rewarding.CorrectIncorrect
133. According to a survey _____ by the Eubanks Center, advertising on the Internet accounted for 25% of total advertising expenditure.CorrectIncorrect
134. Public speaking experts recognize that it is better to express simple ideas _____ than to use intricate structures without persuasive points.CorrectIncorrect
135. Any work in excess of 8 hours per day, _____ authorized by the customer, will be invoiced at 1.5 times the standard hourly rate.CorrectIncorrect
136. An especially _____ drawback of this reference book is the almost complete lack of helpful illustrations or charts.CorrectIncorrect
137. From the first measurement to the last stitch, the Finlay brothers have been _____ custom‑made suits for 35 years in their Chesterfield workshop.CorrectIncorrect
138. Scientist Christopher Stevenson was awarded $5,000 by the Wickboro council to examine the _____ of removing dams along the Lotus River.CorrectIncorrect
139. Despite the stormy weather, last night’s Christmas reception was _____ attended by all staff lecturers and administrators.CorrectIncorrect
140. The Web-based platform is drawing thousands of shoppers away from leading bricks-and-mortar stores, despite an _____ inflated market.CorrectIncorrect
Questions 141-143 refer to the following memo.
To: Evangelina Mancini
From: Russell Tsui, Accounts Manager
Subject: Thunder Taxi
Date: April 5
Dear Ms. Mancini,
Enclosed please find your quarterly invoice for taxi services from January through March. Please be reminded that our rates for all trips _____ . The change in prices, which took effect on February 15, is reflected on the enclosed invoice.CorrectIncorrect
All checks must be made payable to Thunder Taxi. Payment must be received by 4 P.M. on the indicated due date. Please mail your payment at least five business days before the due date to ensure that it arrives on time. For all billing inquiries please call 800-533-6298. There is no _____ for calling this number.CorrectIncorrect
Thank you for trusting Thunder Taxi with your business. We strive to provide swift, _____ service that takes you wherever you need to go.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following article.
Doctor Named in “Notable Young Professionals” List
Ann Shao, M.D., of Grace Hospital, was recently featured in a list of “Twenty Notable Young Professionals” in the Inquiry Monthly. She and the 19 others listed _____ from a list of 1,000 candidates.CorrectIncorrect
The 1,000 candidates had been nominated for _____ contributions to the fields of commerce, research, literature, sports, and the arts.CorrectIncorrect
Dr. Shao, a Professor of Immunology, is the second physician from Grace Hospital to be given this _____ . She is a frequent speaker at medical conventions around the world. Her textbook, Understanding Immunology, has just been published by Equinox Publishing.CorrectIncorrect
Questions 147-149 refer to the following memo.
To: Tenants of Stagwoods Residence
From: Gloria Komatsu, Property Manager
Date: August 10
Subject: Painting of buildings
On August 18 our building services contractors will begin repainting Stagwoods Residence’s apartment buildings. Most of their work will take place Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Please remove all items from your windows and balconies _____ August 18 and avoid touching the buildings’ outside walls while the painting is being done.CorrectIncorrect
You should _____ be careful when entering and exiting your apartment during this time as the painters’ ladders might block access to doorways and steps.CorrectIncorrect
We apologize for this temporary inconvenience, but we trust that you will be _____ by the results!
Questions 150-152 refer to the following letter.
Ms. Beth Barhorst
Head of Community Projects
Pearl Solutions Inc.
Montgomery, AL 36013
Dear Ms. Barhorst:
The Alabama State Department of Education is pleased to inform you that your organization’s grant application has been accepted. Pearl Solutions Inc. has been awarded $8 million to establish four technology instruction centers to provide computer facilities and courses to communities in the state. The centers will _____ more than 45,000 residents.CorrectIncorrect
As agreed, each center will have its own full-time _____ , receiving a salary still to be determined.CorrectIncorrect
Congratulations on your _____ application.
Questions 153-154 refer to the following advertisement.
Create Your Own Space
Do you dream of having a space away from the demands of everyday life—a place where you can create, ponder, and unwind?
Rosenstone Interiors, a group of architects, designers, and makers of built-in furniture, can turn an unused or unloved space into a practical room of your own. Our free, full-color booklet presents a sampling of options for individually designed spaces.
If you would like to create a customized space, why not call us today at 800-602-4618 to request a copy of the booklet or to arrange a free initial consultation with our design team.
153. What is being advertised?CorrectIncorrect
154. What is offered for free?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-157 refer to the following letter.
97 Bedford Street
Norwalk, CT 06851
Your subscription to Playhouse News will end in three months. Please don’t let that happen. Take time to renew your subscription today. By doing so, you will continue to receive every month the very latest in theater reviews, information on actors and directors, and up-to-date reports on new dramas and musicals for the next year.
I’ve attached an invoice for your renewal order. You will receive 12 issues for the lowest price of only $30. Please send your payment in the reply envelope provided. Should you need to make any corrections to your name or address, please do so right on the back of the invoice. Don’t forget to visit our Web site at www.playhousenews.com to enter contests for readers. You could win tickets to a great night out!
Customer Service Representative
155. What is the purpose of this letter?CorrectIncorrect
156. How often is Playhouse News published?CorrectIncorrect
157. What is mentioned about the Web site?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 158-161 refer to the following information.
Travel to HI-EDU Seminar
Hummingbird Airlines and Lightspeed Airways will serve as the official carriers for attendees of the Thirteenth Annual HI-EDU Seminar. Both carriers have agreed to offer low fares for seminar attendees. To obtain information on discount airfares, call Hummingbird Airlines at (800) 712-5018 and refer to Seminar Number HA06851 or call the Lightspeed Airways reservation desk at (800) 388-9706 and refer to Seminar Number LA203.
The trip from Maidport Airport to downtown hotels is about 20 miles and takes 50 minutes by shuttle bus or car.
By Shuttle Bus: Air Shuttle (800) 390-1711 offers a shuttle bus service from the airport to the Amber Hotel and the Monarch Hotel. Departure time is every 15 minutes from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. and every 25 minutes from 7:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M. The Air Shuttle main desk is located on the lower level, near Exit 1. No reservations are required, but tickets must be purchased at the Air Shuttle main desk, at the seminar registration desk in the conference center, or at the travel agency located in the Monarch Hotel. Tickets are not available directly from the shuttle bus drivers.
Shuttle Bus One-Way Fares Shuttle Bus Round-Trip Fares Adult $10.00 Adult $16.00 Child $5.00 Child $8.00 Family $19.00 Family $27.00
By Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside Exit 2 in the main terminal. Appropriate fare to downtown hotels is $22.00-$28.00.
For attendees driving to the seminar, parking is available at both hotels. The Amber Hotel provides parking for $14.00 per day, with in/out privileges. The Monarch Hotel offers parking for $12.00 per day Monday to Friday, $9.00 on Saturday, and $7.00 on Sunday.
158. On whose Web site would this information most likely be found?CorrectIncorrect
159. The word “serve” in paragraph 1, line 1, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
160. How long does it take to drive to downtown hotels from the airport?CorrectIncorrect
161. How much does it cost to park at the Monarch Hotel on Wednesdays?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 162-163 refer to the following information.
The Carlisle Mirror
Black and White Display Advertisements
Size 1 Month 2 Months 3 or More Months Full page $500.00 $470.00 $420.00 1/2 page $300.00 $275.00 $235.00 1/4 page $180.00 $160.00 $130.00
– Quoted prices are per month.
– One photo is included in the price of the advertisement.
– Advertisements must be received by the twentieth of the month preceding publication.
– Payment in full should be submitted with advertisement; payment by credit card or personal check is acceptable.
For longer-term advertising contracts, please contact Margie Moore at The Carlisle Mirror, 59 Valley Road, Carlisle.
162. Who is this information intended for?CorrectIncorrect
163. What policy is stated in the information?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 164-166 refer to the following letter.
Wave Tours Ltd.
Mr. Jeff Smith
691 Kennedy Court
Appleton, WI 54911
Dear Mr. Smith,
At the end of this year, Wave Tours will celebrate its 25th year as a successful operator in the leisure industry. With modern hotels, exciting itineraries, and beautiful locations, our all-inclusive, organized tours have remained the most popular in the industry for the past 12 years. We have decided to include our most loyal customers in the celebration of our success.
Our records reveal that after becoming a customer six years ago, you have reserved eight trips with us. We would therefore like to invite you to an evening of exotic fare and tropical sounds, which will be held on November 30 in the Starlight Hall of the Eastern Peninsula Hotel.
The buffet will consist of delicacies from the 18 countries that are featured in our catalog for the new season. Bands from the Bahamas, Zambia, and Croatia will lend an exuberant atmosphere to the event.
Enclosed please find two complimentary tickets for entry to this exclusive event.
Manager, Customer Relations
Wave Tours Ltd.
164. To what event has Mr. Smith been invited?CorrectIncorrect
165. For how many years has Mr. Smith been traveling with Wave Tours?CorrectIncorrect
166. What will the event feature?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 167-170 refer to the following notice.
Notice to Hartford Residents:
New City Recycling Program
On October 1, a new law will take effect in Hartford that will require residents to recycle products made of paper, glass, and aluminum. These recyclables should be placed in green plastic bins provided by the city, which will be distributed during the week of September 24. The city will collect these recyclables in the second and fourth weeks of each month on garbage collection days.
Some examples of suitable recyclables include:
Type Examples Notes Paper Newspapers, printer and copy papers, magazines, envelopes, cardboard Staples are permitted.
No paper clips or plastic sheets.
Glass Bottles, jars Must be clean.
Labels are permitted.
Non-glass caps must be removed.
No broken glass.
Aluminum Cans, foils Must be clean.
Crush if possible.
Please follow the guidelines provided above. Garbage pickup will continue on a weekly basis, according to the regular schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact the city refuse program at 232-9503, extension 4.
167. What is announced in this notice?CorrectIncorrect
168. Who will supply green containers?CorrectIncorrect
169. How many times per month will papers be collected?CorrectIncorrect
170. What is mentioned about bottles?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 171-173 refer to the following letter.
12 Simpson Square
Tucson, AZ 85701
As you may be aware, Clover has regularly received commendations for our commitment to product safety. Every item that is sold under the Clover name is subjected to rigorous product testing. When design flaws are detected, the model is modified to eliminate the problem. Furthermore, our products are built from the highest-quality plastics to ensure that you never have a problem with a Clover product.
In the unlikely event that products are released with previously undetected defects, great steps are taken to ensure that every flawed item is removed from the market and replaced for customers.
Late last month, our outstanding quality assurance team identified a previously undetected minor flaw in the air filters in our W-29 model. Since our records show that you have recently purchased a W-29 vacuum cleaner, we would like to inform you of this defect and of your right to return the product for a new one. Please be assured that there is absolutely no safety risk to you or any operators of the machine. Nevertheless, to ensure your satisfaction with the quality of our products, we would like to ask you to phone the Clover store nearest to you. The store will arrange to pick up your machine at your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Customer satisfaction is our first and foremost priority, and we would like to make sure that you are not inconvenienced in any manner. A replacement vacuum cleaner will be delivered at the time of the pickup. Moreover, customers who participate in the exchange will receive a free gift in appreciation of their business.
Customer Satisfaction Section
171. What is the purpose of the letter?CorrectIncorrect
172. What should the reader do?CorrectIncorrect
173. What is Clover’s business?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 174-178 refer to the following announcement.
Company Background: Essence Industries, expected profits of approximately $52 million, seeks to increase marketing and product innovation efforts to significantly increase revenues within 2-3 years. Headquartered in Oklahoma, Essence manufactures cookware and home improvement products under several nationally recognized brand names. In addition to these major brands, Essence produces similar products under private label programs for home improvement merchants.
Responsibilities: The brand manager’s priority is to handle the heightening of product recognition of Essence’s major accounts abroad. The brand manager position was created to build brand recognition in the marketing unit of Essence’s new International Division. The brand manager will spearhead efforts to foster growth in home automation products.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
– produce marketing plans and lead the development of new products;
– raise public awareness of and demand for Essence’s products;
– establish and evaluate market requirements and opportunities;
– work closely with other members of the marketing department, as well as sales and sales operations departments to ensure achievement of company goals.
Professional Experience and Personal Qualities: The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
– 4-6 years’ experience as brand manager in retail marketing;
– considerable experience in analyzing current markets;
– excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Educational Background: A degree in Marketing is required; an MBA is a significant plus. Upon receipt of applications, confirmation letters will be sent to applicants via e-mail. Thereafter, priority applicants will be invited to meet with Essence’s CEO and Chief Marketing Officer.
174. In which Essence division will the successful applicant probably work?CorrectIncorrect
175. What is NOT a stated job responsibility?CorrectIncorrect
176. The word “foster” in paragraph 2, line 4, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
177. What qualification will the successful applicant possess?CorrectIncorrect
178. How will Essence contact applicants?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 179-180 refer to the following advertisement.
31 Fallon Drive
Drayton, Ontario, Canada N0G 1P0
Chloe Welch, CEO
Tel: 519-638-5306 / Fax: 519-638-9314
Zen Solutions provides data storage facilities for information technology and computer networking professionals. For only $9.99 per month, customers may store their data in online-accessible Web space (up to 1,000 gigabytes). For $29.99 per month, subscribers may store up to 5,000 gigabytes of data in an offline archive.
Zen customer services include 24-hour technical support and free subscription to our online quarterly newsletter, Zen News. Topics include ratings and reviews of current software and equipment, opinion articles, and a help wanted section directed toward information technology professionals.
New customers who pay in advance for a year of offline service before May 5 will receive two months of free data storage—that’s a nearly $360 value for just under $300! Call or e-mail today to set up your account.
179. About how much does 12 months of offline storage cost for customers who subscribe by May 5?CorrectIncorrect
180. What is NOT featured in Zen News?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following letter and form.
Annual Fundraising Event
Dear Friend of Bluebell Theater:
As a non-profit performing arts organization, we rely on membership and fundraising efforts to support our operating costs. Every year at this time we hold a drawing to help raise funds to meet a portion of our budget.
This is your opportunity to help Bluebell Theater. Each individual who donates $15 to the theater at this time will be eligible for a unique prize. On December 10, we will select one name at random to receive this year’s prize—2 tickets to each of the 12 Bluebell Theater performances for the upcoming year. (The winner need not be present.) That’s 24 tickets, an almost $1,000 value!
To take part in this year’s drawing, simply complete the entry form and mail it with your payment. We will send you a confirmation number for each $15 donation upon receipt. Every $15 you donate increases your chances of winning a whole year’s worth of exciting performances. And even if your name is not selected, you’ll still win by helping Bluebell Theater offer high-quality programs.
For further information, call the office at (267) 870-1367, ext. 11.
Name: Sergio Palacio I have enclosed a check for: $_____ Address: 50 Godfrey Street Please charge my credit card: $30 City: Milwaukie State: OR Zip: 97222 Card #: 5273179443139721 Phone: 503-652-1298 Signature: Sergio Palacio
Please return this form with payment to:
746 Linda Street
Newark, NJ 07112
181. Why did Ms. Engel write this letter?CorrectIncorrect
182. What does Ms. Engel say about the Bluebell Theater?CorrectIncorrect
183. What prize is being offered?CorrectIncorrect
184. In the letter, the word “present” in paragraph 2, line 4, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
185. What does Mr. Palacio indicate on the form?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following e-mail and invoice.
To: Thomas Emery <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Bryan Shellman <email@example.com>
Date: July 14
I’m glad I was able to reach you on the phone today before you shipped my order. As I mentioned, I’d like to change the delivery date to Friday. In addition, instead of shipping the entire order to our warehouse, please send 12 of the 65 silk lamp shades and 12 of the parchment lamp shades to the showroom on Romano Street.
By the way, I want to thank you again for recommending me to Prospero Toscani as a potential supplier for his furniture stores. We’re meeting at the Romano Street showroom over the weekend so that he can have a look at the lamps, which is why I’ll need the shades there. I’ll let you know how it goes. Please send me a revised shipping order.
Carrier: Aces Freights
Bill Date: July 15
Ship Date: July 18
To From Name: Bryan Shellman
Company: Lucent Lighting Warehouse
Street: 41 Crowfield Road
City, State: Phoenix, AZ
Shipper: Venus Lamps Warehouse
Street: 7 Stonepot Road
City, State: Tucson, AZ
Contact: Thomas Emery
Send Invoice To Shipper’s Instructions Name: Bryan Shellman
Company: Lucent Lighting Showroom
Street: 187 Romano Street
City, State: Phoenix, AZ
Deliver 12 silk shades, 12 parchment shades (separately packaged) to billing address.
Deliver rest of order to Crowfield Road address.
No. Shipping Units Description of Articles Size Unit Price Total Charge 65 Pleated silk shade, light brown 13 inches $13 $845 65 Parchment shade, gray 17 inches $9 $585 130 Brass sockets, 3-way turn knob Medium S-5 $4 $520 TOTAL $1,950
Here’s the revised shipping order. Good luck showing the lamps on Saturday. I think you’ll like Prospero Toscani.
186. Why did Mr. Shellman contact Mr. Emery?CorrectIncorrect
187. On which day will Mr. Toscani visit the showroom?CorrectIncorrect
188. Why will part of the order be delivered to a different location?CorrectIncorrect
189. Who is Mr. Toscani?CorrectIncorrect
190. How much is the total cost of the merchandise?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following announcement and e-mail.
Southshore Medical Center Volunteer Program
No Experience Necessary!
– Proof of age (must be at least 18 years old)
– Adequate recommendation from current or former employer
– Fully completed application forms
– Ability to fulfill the commitment of one shift per week for the duration of the program session—spring, summer, fall, or winter
– Own transportation to and from the hospital
– Clean and neat appearance (a uniform will be provided)
– Mandatory completion of the volunteer orientation/training
A required commitment of at least one shift per work week is expected from each volunteer for the duration of the specific program session. Fall and winter three-hour shifts are available after 12:00 P.M. weekdays and the whole day on weekends. During the spring and summer sessions, the shifts are five hours in length Monday through Friday and two hours on Saturdays and Sundays. Individual schedules/assignments will be determined by the volunteer coordinator during the orientation on March 1.
February 20 is the deadline for spring volunteer applications.
Contact Kenneth Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how to apply.
To: Kenneth Pearce <email@example.com>
From: Doris Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: February 23
Attachments: Application, Recommendation letter
Dear Mr. Pearce:
My name is Doris Wilson. Last week, I saw the announcement for the volunteer positions published in the weekly community newsletter.
I apologize for the delay in contacting you. I understand that the completed application was due three days ago; however, I have been out of town on a holiday. I will return on February 28 and will be able to participate in the orientation. Please note that all required documents are attached.
My time this spring is limited, but I’ll be available every Thursday. Unfortunately, I’m not available during weekends because of my café job. I’ll wait to hear from you prior to the orientation and training next week.
Thank you for your time,
191. What is NOT required for volunteer positions?CorrectIncorrect
192. On what date were applications due for spring volunteer positions?CorrectIncorrect
193. What does Ms. Wilson request in her message?CorrectIncorrect
194. How many hours will Ms. Wilson likely volunteer on the day she is available?CorrectIncorrect
195. In the e-mail message, the word “limited” in paragraph 3, line 1, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following article and table.
Aprico to Deliver New Trains for Marshfield Trains
By Anitra Ketter
Marshfield Trains (MT), the region’s primary railway, announced yesterday that it has entered into a contract with train manufacturer Aprico for the purchase of eleven new electric trains. The decision by MT’s management came after a test run from Woodpine to Longdale revealed that the new trains can cover the 67 kilometers separating the two towns in half the time it takes MT’s current trains.
The new trains will gradually replace those currently in service, introduced by MT 19 years ago. The railway company had originally intended to complete the project in a six-year span so as to let the last phase of the transition coincide with the end of the 25-year life expectancy of MT’s current fleet. However, company officials were so excited by the performance of the Aprico trains that the decision was made to pull all current trains from the tracks within two years. They plan to upgrade the longest routes first, beginning with the distances longer than 120 kilometers.
Negotiations between MT and Aprico have been going on for nearly three years. The lengthy duration of the talks was mostly due to reluctance on the part of the government to help fund the project. Says Jonathan Addison, MT’s spokesperson, “We had difficulty convincing the authorities that buying new, faster trains, while expensive, was a worthwhile investment. Gradually, however, the government realized that adequate transportation is indispensable for the continued development and prosperity of the region.”
Service Distance Former Duration New Length of Trip Bellmoral-Wimborne 91 km 1 hour and 31 minutes 47 minutes Icemeet-Archmouth 143 km 2 hours and 26 minutes 1 hour and 10 minutes Guthram-Dalry 100 km 1 hour and 42 minutes 55 minutes Woodpine-Longdale 67 km 1 hour and 6 minutes 33 minutes
196. How long have the current trains been in service?CorrectIncorrect
197. Why has the schedule been moved up?CorrectIncorrect
198. Why did it take a long time to get the new trains approved?CorrectIncorrect
199. What does Mr. Addison imply about the region’s economic growth?CorrectIncorrect
200. Which train route will be upgraded first?CorrectIncorrect