0 of 100 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 100 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You answered 0 out of 0 questions correctly (0).
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Explanation and Answers for Questions 101-140
Explanation and Answers for Questions 141-152
Explanation and Answers for Questions 153-200
101. The travel agency will make your travel _____ and send the itinerary and e-tickets to your e-mail by the end of the day.CorrectIncorrect
102. Dr. Patricia Durand is best known for her _____ contributions to the field of chemistry.CorrectIncorrect
103. Due to the inclement weather, Mr. Hyeon asked if _____ could leave the workplace a little sooner than usual.CorrectIncorrect
104. If you _____ further support, please do not hesitate to call us.CorrectIncorrect
105. The United Bank is renowned for the _____ welcome that it extends to all new hires.CorrectIncorrect
106. Either the charity’s sponsors will pay for the building extension _____ we will have to raise the funds ourselves.CorrectIncorrect
107. Our recruiters will be visiting numerous colleges to interview graduating students for _____ in our purchasing department.CorrectIncorrect
108. The Willow Hotel has rooms available for any person who plans on _____ in Seattle during the annual convention.CorrectIncorrect
109. Please _____ your immediate superior as soon as possible in the event of a machinery malfunction.CorrectIncorrect
110. The Radiant-Light safety vest is designed _____ cyclists who ride at night.CorrectIncorrect
111. The two businesses are now _____ the price Ridge Solutions will pay Gem Co. for the property in Alberta.CorrectIncorrect
112. _____ having accumulated many years of managerial experience, Camila Sánchez did not get the promotion for which she applied.CorrectIncorrect
113. _____ the past 15 years, Enigma Electronics has rewarded all of its employees with a generous compensation package.CorrectIncorrect
114. People _____ possess a valid membership card can obtain a 20 percent discount on tickets to any musical performance.CorrectIncorrect
115. The manufacturer advises tumble-drying at low temperatures; high temperatures may bring about excessive shrinkage and reduce the life of a _____ .CorrectIncorrect
116. We will be employing three part-time workers to _____ the staff in the production department.CorrectIncorrect
117. Because of rush-hour gridlock in Dartwater, many large companies are implementing _____ work-hour policies.CorrectIncorrect
118. After _____ years of performing in front of live audiences, theater director Edward Rubenstein is pleased to be working behind the scenes again.CorrectIncorrect
119. Poultry exports _____ for only seven percent of the nation’s total agricultural sales.CorrectIncorrect
120. A local textile manufacturing _____ has acquired the waterfront lot in order to enhance its production capacity.CorrectIncorrect
121. Even though the creative department _____ purchased a color scanner, it has already submitted a request for another one.CorrectIncorrect
122. This intriguing new software is _____ of the new applications that our coders are working on.CorrectIncorrect
123. All Neptune Corp. employees will be invited to the end-of-season _____ scheduled for next Thursday.CorrectIncorrect
124. Lions Of Dawn is Aki Oguma’s most inventive stage production _____ .CorrectIncorrect
125. The firm is positive that its new spokesperson will be effective _____ engaging customers within the 18-to-35-year-old demographic.CorrectIncorrect
126. When you _____ your loan application, please remember to sign and date every page.CorrectIncorrect
127. Buyers need not pay for delivery since it is _____ in the total price of the product.CorrectIncorrect
128. Both financial advisors suggest investing in telecommunications companies, although Sophia Johansson is proposing a greater _____ of stocks.CorrectIncorrect
129. Heating service in the building will be temporarily interrupted _____ municipal maintenance workers repair the gas pipes.CorrectIncorrect
130. When you are finished scrutinizing the questionnaire data, please pass _____ report to Ms. Lee so she can copy it.CorrectIncorrect
131. The numbers _____ in this estimate are approximate costs and are dependent on adjustment at the date of final payment.CorrectIncorrect
132. The majority of our clients find the information they need here in the branch office, though we do _____ get requests for documents that are stored off-site.CorrectIncorrect
133. Many experts credit Signetworks’s _____ achievements to its state-of-the-art research equipment.CorrectIncorrect
134. The researchers’ report indicates that the company should _____ its information technology department.CorrectIncorrect
135. Since the closing of the local folk museum, many Sharpsburg residents have become strong _____ of public funding for history projects.CorrectIncorrect
136. As a security measure, employees of Tempest Systems are encouraged to _____ change passwords on their devices.CorrectIncorrect
137. Building of the freeway _____ the two towns has progressed more rapidly than predicted.CorrectIncorrect
138. To attract potential candidates who _____ might not be interested, Cytec Technologies is offering each new employee a relocation allowance.CorrectIncorrect
139. Cannonics plans to spend $97 million _____ the next four years to construct laboratories close to its headquarters.CorrectIncorrect
140. Ms. Hooper started her speech by thanking Mr. Timurovich, who has been teaching her Russian _____ her arrival in Saint Petersburg.CorrectIncorrect
Questions 141-143 refer to the following memo.
To: All employees
From: Parking Services
Date: April 6
Re: Parking garage washing
We would like to inform employees of arrangements that have been made to wash the office parking garage. All indoor parking areas will be unavailable during the washing. _____ will comprise permit parking spaces, visitor parking spaces, and service vehicle spaces.CorrectIncorrect
Vehicle _____ to the parking garage will not be permitted after 5:30 P.M. on Friday, but departures will be possible until the place is empty.CorrectIncorrect
During the washing, permit holders can use the outdoor parking lot located on Parker Street. _____ parking will also be available in Lot 3 and Lot 5.
If you have any questions concerning this notice, please contact Keith McFarlin at extension 66. Thank you.CorrectIncorrect
Questions 144-146 refer to the following letter.
Dear Steel Skull Representative:
I am an avid cyclist and a longtime user of Steel Skull cycling helmets. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my old Steel Skull helmet _____ to show signs of wear. In the interest of safety, I promptly went to your firm’s Web site and bought a new helmet.CorrectIncorrect
The day after the new helmet was delivered by mail, I saw a small crack on its exterior. I am positive that this damage occurred prior to my receipt _____ I have neither dropped, thrown, nor hit the helmet in any way. According to your warranty policy, Steel Skull will replace a faulty item free of charge.CorrectIncorrect
I have enclosed the defective helmet and the payment receipt. Please send the _____ to the address written on the back of this letter.
Thank you for your timely response to this request.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following e-mail.
To: Auraware Staff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Kelly Wolk <email@example.com>
Date: November 25
Subject: Position available
The _____ job opening will be posted externally on December 6. Employees interested in applying should contact the Human Resources department before that date. Please read the full text of the job announcement below.CorrectIncorrect
Position: Human Resources Associate
The Human Resources Associate assists with the _____ , selection, and orientation of new hires.CorrectIncorrect
Moreover, the Associate is responsible for making sure that employee databases are _____ maintained.
Questions 150-152 refer to the following article.
Promising Future for Female Engineers
In the past, men dominated the field of engineering throughout the world. _____ , though, more women have been choosing the profession.CorrectIncorrect
According to a survey of global universities, 29 percent of students registered in engineering courses last year were women, compared to 11 percent twenty years ago.
Raven Microsystems, a semiconductor manufacturing business in Taiwan, hires over one hundred female engineers. Among them is Laura Chen, who describes herself as _____ “an analytical mind and a serious interest in all facets of technology.”CorrectIncorrect
A senior engineer now in her ninth year _____ Raven, Ms. Chen leads a team of forty employees, seventeen of whom are women. “The professional climate has changed drastically for female engineers over the last fifteen years,” says Ms. Chen. She is convinced that aspiring female engineers can look forward to rewarding careers.CorrectIncorrect
Questions 153-154 refer to the following schedule.
Cleaning Schedule for Building 1-C
Wednesday, July 2
9:30 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Kitchens Meeting Rooms Break Rooms Lobby and Hallway Areas 9:30 A.M.-Noon Pauline (floors 1 and 2) Gary (floors 1 and 2) Cody (floors 1 and 2) Lynn (floors 1 and 2) Noon-1:00 P.M. Lunch Break 1:00 P.M.-3:30 P.M. Gary (floor 3) Pauline (floor 3) Lynn (floor 3) Cody (floor 3) 3:30 P.M.-6:00 P.M. Cody (floor 4) Lynn (floor 4) Pauline (floor 4) Gary (floor 4) Cleaning Team Members: Pauline Singer, Cody Martin, Gary Bogle, Lynn Compton Team Leader: Pauline Singer Staff Supervisors: John Hodge and Kimberly Nash
Each team member is entitled to a 10-minute morning break and a 20-minute afternoon break in addition to the lunch hour. Breaks must be approved by a team leader or staff supervisor.
153. What area is Gary responsible for cleaning between 1:00 P.M. and 3:30 P.M.?CorrectIncorrect
154. Who is NOT authorized to approve a break?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-157 refer to the following e-mail.
From: Virginia Porter
To: Kira Fairbank
Sent: September 10
Subject: Automobile Insurance Policy #4155
Mr. Harris sent me his personal information, which I have pasted into this e-mail. Could you make a copy and add it to the customer’s file, please?
Hello Ms. Porter,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. In answer to your questions, I purchased the used car in the previous month on August 29 from the original owner, Roger Clark. The car is a three-year-old Centaur 168, and it still has the original gray paint. I have registered the car and installed the license plates: FYA 1518. I’ve read through your firm’s list of policies, and I think I’d like to sign up for the comprehensive insurance. My mobile phone number is 410-672-1223. I’ll have a copy of my driving record e-mailed to you by tomorrow. In the meantime, please let me know if I need to provide any other information.
Thanks for your help,
155. What does Ms. Porter ask Ms. Fairbank to do?CorrectIncorrect
156. What information about the car is NOT given?CorrectIncorrect
157. Who was the first owner of the car?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 158-159 refer to the following article.
The Odenton Express
The Odenton Theater Committee (OTC) is now accepting applications for committee membership for the forthcoming year.
The OTC produces stage plays at the Odenton Performing Arts Center. Committee responsibilities include arranging actor auditions and performance rehearsals, and issuing tickets at the theater box office.
Members must have a strong interest in theater and be able to attend committee meetings every six weeks.
The OTC has received much public recognition for its work, including a Distinguished Public Service Award from the mayor’s office.
If you are interested in joining the OTC, please visit the committee’s Web site at www.odentontc.org to download a membership application. Applications can also be obtained by contacting the committee chair, Natalie Muranaka, at 978-821-4897.
158. What is the purpose of this article?CorrectIncorrect
159. How can people obtain more information about OTC?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 160-162 refer to the following letter.
37 Emily Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Attn.: Customer Service
811 Veltri Drive
Anchorage, AK 99501
Dear Customer Service,
On October 8 I ordered a Melo vacuum cleaner (Model R) from your product catalog. I had seen the product advertised on the Internet and had huge expectations. However, I have noticed that the vacuum cleaner barely absorbs dust, leaving the carpet and wooden floor dirty. In fact, the product is worse than my previous vacuum cleaner, which I bought many years ago for under $60.
I am very disappointed with your product. Could you please contact me as soon as possible and let me know how to return the product and obtain a full refund? You can reach me by phone at 361-694-4268 or at the address above.
Enclosed is a copy of the receipt, which shows how much I paid for the vacuum cleaner. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
160. What is the purpose of the letter?CorrectIncorrect
161. What can NOT be inferred from the letter?CorrectIncorrect
162. What is enclosed with the letter?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 163-164 refer to the following evaluation form.
London, United Kingdom
The Grand Streatham Hotel
Thank you for attending the Journalists’ Forum. We value your opinion. Please take a moment to fill out the following form and put it in the box in front of the conference hall.
Please rate the following seminars.
Very Useful Somewhat Useful Not Useful Did Not Attend Communicating with Politicians X Photographing Newsworthy Photos X Getting the Quote … Every Time X Generating Story Concepts X Handling your Workload X Legal Issues in Journalism X
The legal issues seminar should be extended.
The photography seminar was marvelous! Tyrone McGrath really knows his job. I’ll never look at pictures the same way again.
163. What seminar did the evaluator find least useful?CorrectIncorrect
164. What most likely is Mr. McGrath’s occupation?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 165-168 refer to the following information.
Obelisk Productions is pleased to offer instruction in photography in three different areas as outlined below. Serious enthusiasts are invited to join studio owner Ernest Ferguson for thorough, fun lessons in photography. Though class sizes vary, only ONE photographer at a time shoots pictures during each session. Classes are offered every weekday except where noted otherwise.
Participants will work with several different styles of lighting and learn how to achieve the best exposures. Instruction will be given in how best to pose the model, as well as how to integrate different props and backgrounds. We typically work through five different settings in a session, and sessions are limited to twelve photographers. 6:00 to 9:20 P.M.; $30 per participant.
Besides the key areas of lighting, poses, props, and backgrounds, participants will be given instruction in how to direct a model and what techniques can be used to bring out the model’s best shots. We normally work through seven different scenes, and sessions are limited to twelve participants. 6:00 to 9:45 P.M.; $35 per participant.
Advertising and Still Life Session
This is an introduction to the principles of advertising design. Special attention will be paid to the positioning and presentation of the product, as well as any models required in the shot. Some shots will be based on actual advertisements created by Ernest Ferguson, while others will be created to demonstrate a specific technique. Sessions are limited to eight photographers. 6:00 to 10:20 P.M.; $40 per participant.
On Sundays we offer full-day instruction covering Portrait and Fashion photography. Sessions are limited to ten photographers. 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.; $75 (includes lunch and refreshments).
165. For whom is the instruction intended?CorrectIncorrect
166. How many scenes are included in a fashion session?CorrectIncorrect
167. What is NOT mentioned as a topic in the advertising session?CorrectIncorrect
168. In what session is the studio owner’s work used?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 169-171 refer to the following invoice.
The Kreiss Collection
116 Poplar Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone (customer support): 800-277-2112
Schierer & Ritchie
68 Ashcraft Court
San Francisco, CA 94110
Date Shipped: May 4
Quantity Description Unit Price Total 2 armchair, blue $140.00 $280.00 1 couch, navy $215.00 $215.00 1 coffee table, walnut $100.00 $100.00 Subtotal $595.00 Sales Tax (7%) $41.65 Shipping & Handling $50.00 Total Due $686.65
Your merchandise was shipped by Flores Trucking Ltd.
** If your merchandise arrives damaged, please contact The Kreiss Collection’s customer support at 800-277-2112. **
Make all checks payable to The Kreiss Collection. The total amount due must be paid within 60 days of the date listed at the top of this invoice.
If you have any inquiries regarding this invoice, please contact our Accounts and Finance Office in Seattle, WA (800-954-1877), and ask to speak to a finance representative.
We appreciate your business!
169. Who is responsible for making the payment?CorrectIncorrect
170. How much did it cost to ship the merchandise?CorrectIncorrect
171. What should the customer do if there are questions about the invoice?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 172-175 refer to the following article.
Town Meeting to Discuss Bridge Project
The Arlingley City Council will hold a meeting next week to discuss the proposal to build a bridge over the Gladstone River. The bridge would not replace the existing tunnel but would relieve traffic congestion on the roads that link downtown Arlingley to suburbs on the east side of the river. Lemartec Development, seen as the company likely to be given the building contract, has been working with council members ever since preliminary studies of the bridge project began. A spokesperson for Lemartec, Scott Levitt, said, “This bridge will have an enormous impact on the people of Arlingley. Traffic conditions will improve, pollution from idling vehicles will be reduced, and the struggling downtown shops and restaurants will see an upturn in business. If people in the suburbs can get downtown more effortlessly, they will go there for their shopping and entertainment.”
Some opponents of the bridge project question whether the bridge will actually reduce traffic jams. A citizens group calling itself Sustainable Cities (SC) has been pushing for a temporary postponement of the project so that further studies can be conducted. SC, which has requested a meeting with city council members, believes that the city’s shortage of public transportation might be a more important issue to address when considering how to reduce traffic in the tunnel. The group has also expressed concern over the loss of green space along the river. Says an SC spokesperson, “To take away the precious little green space the city has would be harmful to plant and animal species that live along the eastern edge of the city and would take away from the natural charm of the area.”
172. What is true about the city council?CorrectIncorrect
173. What did Mr. Levitt say about the bridge project?CorrectIncorrect
174. Why has SC asked that the project be delayed?CorrectIncorrect
175. What is NOT stated about the city of Arlingley?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 176-180 refer to the following article.
Gaining Customers through Fashionable Tote Bags
By Brigitte Pfeifer
Consumers’ excessive use of hard-to-recycle plastic bags is damaging to the environment. Supermarkets have used many tactics to encourage their customers not to use these plastic bags. Some try charging extra for each bag used or offering paper bags instead, but these approaches are far from perfect. Charging for a plastic bag can have the effect of driving customers to a competing supermarket. Paper bags are expensive to make, so they are less viable than even low-quality plastic bags. Many supermarkets offer a small discount in return for not using a plastic bag, and still others sell reusable cloth tote bags that customers can bring back every time they come shopping. But the availability of these cloth sacks has done little to reduce the use of plastic disposables. Marketing creatives at Littlejohn’s Marketplace Group believe cloth bags would be more successful if they were more fashionable.
In their opinion, it is hard to blame customers for not buying a durable cloth carryall, even an inexpensive one, if it doesn’t have a catchy design, and if all it features is a company logo.
To address this problem, Littlejohn’s enlisted a team of designers to make its cloth bags more colorful than those available at other supermarkets. Rather than sporting corporate logos, Littlejohn’s bags contain pictures of animals, drawings of prominent landmarks, and cartoon figures commissioned for this purpose. The result? Not only is there considerable demand for the bags but they also attract attention in the street, which means free advertising for the supermarket. The bags are easily associated with the supermarket chain even without the logos, which Littlejohn’s removed from both its cloth and plastic bags. The success has prompted the business to consider producing smaller bags suited for younger customers, a logical next step for a supermarket chain targeting children.
176. What method of reducing the use of plastic bags is NOT mentioned?CorrectIncorrect
177. According to the article, why are paper bags not a good alternative?CorrectIncorrect
178. What is the disadvantage of many supermarkets’ cloth bags?CorrectIncorrect
179. What did Littlejohn’s stop printing on its bags?CorrectIncorrect
180. What does Littlejohn’s plan to do next?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following notice and letter.
Requesting Certified Vital Records
You must apply in person or by mail for certified copies of vital records, such as birth certificates, marriage licenses, or health records. Our office does not accept applications by telephone, fax, e-mail, or through our Web site. You must provide the following information with your request:
– Type of record requested
– Photo identification such as passport, government ID card, or driver’s license (Photocopies of these documents are acceptable)
The charge is $10.00 per copy issued. We accept checks, money orders, credit cards, and debit cards.
You can apply in person at 8 Woodside Circle, Room 46. The Vital Records Office is open 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday to Wednesday; 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Thursday; and 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. on Friday.
Applications for copies of vital records should be mailed to the following address: Vital Records, P.O. Box 546, Tallahassee, FL 32303. Please include an addressed, stamped, business-size envelope with your request. Copies are usually mailed within ten working days. If you require faster service, you may request our expedited service. Expedited requests are typically processed within 24 hours and require an additional charge of $8 per request, for a total of $18 per copy.
Requests for expedited service should be mailed to the following address: Vital Records—Express Service, P.O. Box 850, Tallahassee, FL 32303.
4 West Fork Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter is to request a certified copy of a marriage license issued last week in Broward County to George Samuel Ashley and Kristin Phillips Brehmer. I have enclosed a check for $18, as well as a copy of my driver’s license. Please send the certificate to George Ashley at the above address.
181. What is the main purpose of the notice?CorrectIncorrect
182. What information must accompany each request?CorrectIncorrect
183. On what day does the Vital Records Office close at 7:00?CorrectIncorrect
184. What does Mr. Ashley request a copy of?CorrectIncorrect
185. Why does Mr. Ashley enclose a check for $18?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following newspaper articles.
Redfly’s Next Step
Denver (Daylight Bulletin)—Denver-based Redfly Airways, the nation’s number six airline, announced today that it will slash its domestic airfares significantly. The firm is hoping that by offering its new promotional fare plan, the carrier will be able to expand its customer base and win a larger share of the market. The airline promises to charge no more than $250 for a one-way economy ticket or $425 for a one-way first-class ticket. The new plan also comprises the reduction of various ticketing fees and the elimination of several less-traveled routes at the end of this year. Redfly hopes that these changes will increase revenue over the long term. The business is also planning to give its airplanes’ interiors a facelift and modernize its flight attendants’ uniforms.
The Montrose Tribune
Can New Strategy Lift Redfly?
By Ronald Fulmer
Faced with weak revenues, rising labor costs, aggressive pricing from small, discount competitors, and most importantly high fuel costs, many leading air carriers have struggled hugely in the last five years. They have experimented with a wide variety of marketing strategies without much success. Recently, Redfly cut its ticket prices by almost half. Nonetheless, it is unlikely that this strategy will result in a major increase in profits for the airline, as most of the other major carriers will no doubt reduce their prices to follow suit. Some analysts are actually expecting Redfly’s revenues to fall in the upcoming year. With fuel prices predicted to continue rising and with the cost of fuel accounting for around 35 percent of all carriers’ operating expenses, any increase in passenger traffic is not likely to offset the decrease in ticket prices. The one sure thing is that, after April, travelers flying out of Montrose will no longer be able to take advantage of Redfly’s price cuts.
186. What is suggested about the airline industry?CorrectIncorrect
187. What does Redfly Airways plan to do?CorrectIncorrect
188. What does Mr. Fulmer suggest?CorrectIncorrect
189. According to analysts, what is the industry’s greatest challenge?CorrectIncorrect
190. What can be inferred about Montrose?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following article and table.
Surging Tides Aqua World is one of the greatest attractions for both the tourists and residents of the sea resort town of Shiprock. Before this impressive swimming pool complex was inaugurated last March, it had generated enough public interest for its owners to dispense with expensive advertising campaigns. While new facilities of this kind are often recommended by personalities on multiple TV channels prior to opening, all that the water park needed was word of mouth for business to take off. Residents of Shiprock had known about the construction since it started in November three years ago, and had anxiously awaited the opening day.
But for all the water park’s success, its owners had worried that the place might be situated too close to the beach. And in fact, the complex received hardly any visitors in July last year, when many tourists chose to swim in the adjacent sea. However, the situation changed completely this January, a record-breaking month, when outdoor temperatures dropped, and entire families waited in forty-five-minute lines to enter the recreational center. This is understandable given the variety and quality of the facilities, including pools with breathtaking simulated waves and long, roller-coaster-like slides.
Ticket prices range from $12 to $25 depending on the time of day; general admission tickets allow access to all sections of the water park except the sauna area, which costs an extra $4.
Facilities Offered at Surging Tides Aqua World
Surf Section Beach Section Two indoor pools with artificial waves: the Mega Drench and the Rushing Gulf, each up to 3.5 meters deep. In addition, there are nine long slides. A glass-domed saltwater pool, the Seashell Sands features an exceptionally realistic-looking artificial beach. Calm Section Steam Section The Tranquil Expanse is an open-air pool with heated water. Five different sauna rooms.
191. What does the article imply about the opening day of the water park?CorrectIncorrect
192. What were people concerned about regarding the water park?CorrectIncorrect
193. When did the water park receive the most visitors?CorrectIncorrect
194. Which pool is located outdoors?CorrectIncorrect
195. For which section of the water park is there an additional charge?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following letters.
Customer Service Department
Voyage Bank Inc.
481 Winifred Way
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to ask why my bank account was charged a $20 service fee on July 31. In accordance with the terms of my account, I always maintain a balance of at least $600. This is the first time that I have been charged a fee in the eight years that I have had the account. Could you please explain the additional charges to me?
Voyage Bank Inc.
481 Winifred Way
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Dear Ms. Reese:
Thank you for your inquiry. I would be glad to explain the reason for the service charge. As of July 31, the minimum balance requirement was changed to $750. All accounts with balances below $750 were automatically charged a monthly maintenance fee. We announced this change in a letter to all our customers in early May and again in early June.
As you are a long-time customer of Voyage Bank, I am going to waive the fee on your account for July and issue a credit for the amount you were charged. In order to avoid future charges, though, please remember to maintain the required minimum balance each month.
Please let me know if you require further assistance.
Customer Relations Manager
196. Why did Ms. Reese write to the bank?CorrectIncorrect
197. In the first letter, the word “terms” in paragraph 1, line 2, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
198. What must customers do to avoid a service charge?CorrectIncorrect
199. How much will be credited to Ms. Reese’s account?CorrectIncorrect
200. What action did Mr. Cooper take?CorrectIncorrect